Smoothies are a great way to provide the body with many of the essential nutrients it needs. Smoothies not only taste amazing, but are quick and easy to make, easy to clean up, and easy to eat on the go. Here are my favorite recipes:
Super Food Smoothie
10 oz. water
2 scoops of Olly Super Foods Smoothie mix
¼ cup Mango
¼ cup Raspberries
¼ cup of bananas and strawberries
Olly’s superfoods smoothie blend is one of my fav go-to’s because it tastes yummy, provides a full serving of fruits and veggies from six super foods, along with some protein, fiber and a meal’s worth of vitamins from organic fruits and veggies. (tip: Purchase via olly.com and sign up for their newsletter, to receive 20% off your first purchase)
Almond Joy smoothie
A little less than 1 scoop of Vega Sport performance protein
3 teaspoons of almond butter
2 Frozen coconut milk cubes (keep these in a tray in your freezer)
10 oz. of hemp milk
1 teaspoon of cacao nibs
Vega Sport performance protein is a plant-based protein made from pea, alfalfa, pumpkin, and sunflower seed. I just love this particular mix because it has this extra thick fibrous richness to it. (Chocolate’s my fav!) I put less than a scoop because too much makes the consistency TOO thick.
Green Coconut/Mango Smoothie
6 oz. coconut milk
1 cup fresh washed spinach leaves, packed (I use packaged, pre-washed baby spinach)
1 cup frozen mango cubes
1/2 cup of organic unsweetened orange juice
1/4 cup of crushed ice
3 coconut milk ice cubes
1 tablespoon coconut butter
1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
Just blend, serve, and enjoy!
– To save time, I use plastic ziplock bags to freeze pre-made smoothie packs. Wash, chop and measure servings of your fruits at once and store so when it’s time to blend you can throw everything in the blender without having to measure out ingredients.
– Buy plastic cups with lids (and straws) to drink these on the go
– Feel free to add crushed ice to these mixtures to get the consistency you like
– Don’t forget to top your smoothies with hemp, flax or chia seeds!
Whether you are in a relationship or not, quality time with your girlfriends is something you should always fit into your calendar. In addition to being good for your spirit, it’s been scientifically proven that hanging out with your girlfriends is good for your health also. What better way to show your love and appreciation for your gal-pals than by throwing a Galentine’s Day party?
Here’s what you will need: 1. Send cute invitations via email/text message to your squad (I used Evite)
2. Decorate! Get whatever decorations you think are cute. Fresh flowers and candles add a nice touch. Valentine’s day themed paper plates and napkins are a cheap way to add girly details. I even found festive heart toilet paper to really set the mood.
Tell love how you really feel… hehe
3. Treat yo self. And your girls too! Skinny Banana Pudding Recipe:
Prep time: 15 minutes | Serves 12
– 2 (1 oz.) packages of instant vanilla pudding (Fat/Sugar free)
– 4 bananas, sliced
– 2 cups of non-fat greek yogurt
– 8 oz. of fat free cool whip
– 30 reduced fat Nilla wafers
1. In large mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix together until creamy
2. Beat in greek yogurt
3. Mix in cool whip
4. In a serving bowl, layer wafers, bananas, then pudding mixture. Repeat layering until pudding is gone
5. Chill for 3 hours before serving. (I also put pink sprinkles and chocolate on top to match the holiday)
Because nothing says I love you like chocolate:
These are my new addiction. CLICK HERE to take advantage of their V-Day sale and also receive an additional 5% off if you use my code LANI at check-out!
4. Prepare activities for the day. I bought a few prizes for added incentive. Here were some of our favorites:
–Secret Cupid – Tell your guests to bring a Secret Valentine gift, and do a white elephant exchange. CLICK HERE to shop these cute wine glasses and more Enter LANI at checkout to receive 15% off your entire order 🙂
–Bingo! I found the game for $2.99 at party city
–Print out the lyrics to popular love songs and have each girl do a dramatic reading of the song. The girl with the most correct guesses wins! CLICK HERE to download a PDF of 10 songs to use
-Make a list of lovey-words, and a list of gross words (phrases can be included as well). Cut the words and place them in two cups. Have each girl choose two words from each. Set a 5-minute timer and have everyone write their own love poem using the words they have selected. This game is HILARIOUS. Whoever has the funniest poem wins. CLICK HERE to download a PDF of some words/phrases that can be used
–Choose a handful of words that guests are forbidden from speaking, such as: Love, engaged, boyfriend, sex etc. When someone says the word, they get a sticker placed on their body (and may also be forced to drink extra) . The girl with the most stickers at the end of the day wins a prize (and is usually crowned drunkest of the party)
–Buy a V-Day card for each girl. Write their name in their card, and toward the end of the party pass the cards around so everyone can write a sweet personalized message to one another. At my party everyone read their fav message they received aloud. The author of the best love notes won a prize 🙂
I hope this post inspires you to gather the true love’s of your life this weekend (your girls, duh) and celebrate ONE ANOTHER <3 Who else thinks Galentine’s Day should be made into an official holiday?!
Having a hard time with your diet? Short on time? Want to try meal prep but feel lost? Here are some yummy, fast and easy recipes to jump start your healthy lifestyle for 2017!
Since I began working two jobs (Exec. Asst. by day, Pilates by night) I am constantly strapped for time, especially during the holiday season. Meal prep has become essential. Whether you are trying to hit a certain weight goal, or just lean out, a major key to your success is what you eat. (I abide by the 80% diet, 20% exercise rule) Here are some reasons meal prepping is a weekly routine you should start now. Keep scrolling all the way down for some fast and easy recipes (pictured here)that you can use for your next prep!
Stress reliever: It’s an accomplishing feeling to know that you don’t need to worry about cooking (cleaning after cooking), or figuring out what you are going to eat for the next few days. I feel so good after I meal prep because I know I have freed extra time to focus on all my goals for the week.
Keeps you on track: You get to choose exactly what is included in your meal prep. Nourishing your body is so important and meal prepping makes it easy to immediately replenish your body after a workout or long day at the office. Pre-packing into Tupperware also helps with portion control.
Added incentive: It’s tough to make healthy decisions ALL the time. When my hunger gets the best of me I too have found myself reaching for whatever is in sight. Or tell myself I’m only going to have a few cookies, and end up eating the whole sleeve. >.< Meal prepping forces you to hold yourself accountable. You’ve invested the time in preparing, why actively go out of your way to ruin it with junk? Suddenly the healthy meal becomes the convenient one, and the excuses to give into temptation are eliminated.
Saves you $$$: Let’s say you eat out for breakfast ($6) lunch ($12) and dinner ($15) during the 5 day work-week. That adds up to $165. Instead, for about $50, you can prepare 5 days’ worth of meals, easily saving you over $400 a month.
Here is how you can get started on your own meal prep and prepare the meals pictured below!
Mexican quinoa bowl, Turkey Sausage pasta, and Overnight oats <3
Quinoa Mexican Burrito bowl with Chicken
Serving 4 Prep time: 20 min
1 cup of quinoa
½ lb. of chicken breast (cut into strips)
¼ cup chopped onion (small pieces)
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
1 can of black beans (Cuban style, but regular works too)
Handful of cherry tomatoes (sliced in halves)
½ can of canned, crushed tomatoes (fire roasted for added flavor)
Adobo seasoning (to taste)
Red pepper flakes (to taste)
Spinach (1 handful per serving)
1 lime (cut into four slices)
1 avocado (cut into four slices)
Mexican style shredded cheese
1. Season the chicken strips by covering in adobo and a few shakes of black pepper. Cook chicken in a large, non-stick skillet. 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently so not to burn.
2. While cooking the chicken, add the quinoa and 2 cups of water to a pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Once all the water is absorbed, (usually takes about 10-15 min) fluff and remove from pot. (Once water evaporates, quinoa burns quickly so keep an eye on it)
3. While cooking the quinoa, add the onion to another saucepan on medium heat. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the black beans, crushed tomatoes (from the can) and cherry tomatoes. Add adobo seasoning and red pepper flakes to taste. Let the beans simmer for about 10-15 min stirring occasionally.
4. Divide and layer the quinoa first, then the tomato/black beans. Chicken is last. Top with cheese. Divide the lime, avocado and spinach between the four containers.
Turkey Sausage Pasta
Serving 4 Prep time: 23 min
Whole wheat fusilli pasta (8 oz.)
½ lb. of turkey sausage (Uncooked, Italian style I prefer the spicy kind)
2 cans of canned, crushed tomatoes (fire roasted kind for added flavor)
1 red and 1 yellow pepper cut into long thin strips
Handful of cherry tomatoes (sliced in halves)
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons of minced garlic
Salt and red pepper flakes (to taste)
1/3 cup of (freshly chopped) basil
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Remove casings and divide turkey sausage into smaller (bite size) pieces.
2. Cook sausage for about 5 minutes in a large non-stick skillet. Once cooked through, move to a plate.
3. Add tomatoes, onions, chopped red and yellow peppers to the same skillet. Stir frequently until veggies are lightly cooked (about 5 minutes)
4. Add tomato sauce, crushed red pepper, salt, garlic and browned sausage to the skillet. Bring to a quick boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low/medium, cover and simmer until sauce is fully heated (about 10 min) While sauce is still simmering, add raw pasta to the now boiling water and cook until desired tenderness. Once pasta is drained, mix it into the sauce, and you are ready to serve.
Serving: 1 Prep time: 2 mins
Add 1/2 cup of rolled oats to a mason jar
2/3 cup of milk of choice (I use soy milk)
1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt (I use 2%)
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
A few shakes of salt
2 tablespoons of natural honey
Optional toppings: flax, peanut/almond butter, fruits, hemp seeds, cocoa powder, cinnamon, raisins, the toppings are endless
Mix together before storing in the fridge overnight
Also pictured: Lenny & Larry’s cookies. With 16g of protein & 8g of fiber in every 4 oz cookie, it’s the perfect snack to satisfy a sweet tooth guilt-free. CLICK HERE to shop and receive $10 off $50+ order, code: 10AMB50, $20 off $100+ order, code: 20AMB100, $40 off $200+ order, code: 40AMB200
Voila! You can now maintain an easy, healthy, and stress-free diet for the next four days! Let me know your thoughts/questions below! If you try any of the recipes listed, post a pic and tag me @lanishea17 +hastag #mealprepwithlani – Cannot wait to see what you create!