When life gets super busy I many times find myself struggling to stay active. My secret to a great bum? I squat, and do standing glute kick-backs throughout my day. In odd places.
Yup! Here are some weird places I get my squats in:
- While I am brushing my teeth – One of my favorites. You should be brushing your teeth thoroughly anyway, but 2 minutes of toothbrush squatting equates to about 60 squats. This habit will start and end your day strong.
- While I’m refilling a water bottle at my fridge – If you drink about 8 glasses a day that should be over 100 squats a day
- In between commercials while watching tv – you’ll be 10x more excited to get back to your show! lol
- While washing dishes or loading dishwasher – I’m usually just standing there doing nothing during, might as well multitask
- Every time you go to the bathroom – Yes, it’s pretty weird to pair exercise with urinating, but doing 20-40 squats before or after you pee can add up to anywhere between 100-300 squats per day. Try it, your booty will thank you
As for the kick-backs (sometimes I do side-kicks also):
- While waiting for the subway train, or bus – Or waiting in any line really. Lunch line, movie line, icecream line. The possibilities are endless!
- While making copies at work – I make a lotttt of scans/copies every day
- While making coffee – because sometimes it feels like an eternity while waiting for the Keurig to finish
- Any time you microwave anything – activate your glutes and pray the calories you’re about to consume all go there 🙂
- While walking – this takes some focus, but target your butt muscles by rolling your foot from heel to toe while you walk and squeezing the cheek you’re putting the weight on before switching legs
Like I said, the places may seem a little strange at first, but it’s a weird habit that works for me and thought I would share. Am I the only one who does these?! Does anyone else have places to add to the list? Comment below!