Whether you are in a relationship or not, quality time with your girlfriends is something you should always fit into your calendar. In addition to being good for your spirit, it’s been scientifically proven that hanging out with your girlfriends is good for your health also. What better way to show your love and appreciation for your gal-pals than by throwing a Galentine’s Day party?
Here’s what you will need:
1. Send cute invitations via email/text message to your squad (I used Evite)
2. Decorate! Get whatever decorations you think are cute. Fresh flowers and candles add a nice touch. Valentine’s day themed paper plates and napkins are a cheap way to add girly details. I even found festive heart toilet paper to really set the mood.
3. Treat yo self. And your girls too!
Skinny Banana Pudding Recipe:
Prep time: 15 minutes | Serves 12
– 2 (1 oz.) packages of instant vanilla pudding (Fat/Sugar free)
– 4 bananas, sliced
– 2 cups of non-fat greek yogurt
– 8 oz. of fat free cool whip
– 30 reduced fat Nilla wafers
1. In large mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix together until creamy
2. Beat in greek yogurt
3. Mix in cool whip
4. In a serving bowl, layer wafers, bananas, then pudding mixture. Repeat layering until pudding is gone
5. Chill for 3 hours before serving. (I also put pink sprinkles and chocolate on top to match the holiday)
Because nothing says I love you like chocolate:
These are my new addiction. CLICK HERE to take advantage of their V-Day sale and also receive an additional 5% off if you use my code LANI at check-out!
4. Prepare activities for the day. I bought a few prizes for added incentive. Here were some of our favorites:
–Secret Cupid – Tell your guests to bring a Secret Valentine gift, and do a white elephant exchange.
CLICK HERE to shop these cute wine glasses and more Enter LANI at checkout to receive 15% off your entire order 🙂
–Bingo! I found the game for $2.99 at party city
–Print out the lyrics to popular love songs and have each girl do a dramatic reading of the song. The girl with the most correct guesses wins! CLICK HERE to download a PDF of 10 songs to use
-Make a list of lovey-words, and a list of gross words (phrases can be included as well). Cut the words and place them in two cups. Have each girl choose two words from each. Set a 5-minute timer and have everyone write their own love poem using the words they have selected. This game is HILARIOUS. Whoever has the funniest poem wins. CLICK HERE to download a PDF of some words/phrases that can be used
–Choose a handful of words that guests are
forbidden from speaking, such as: Love, engaged, boyfriend, sex etc. When someone says the word, they get a sticker placed on their body (and may also be forced to drink extra) . The girl with the most stickers at the end of the day wins a prize (and is usually crowned drunkest of the party)
–Buy a V-Day card for each girl. Write their name in their card, and toward the end of the party pass the cards around so everyone can write a sweet personalized message to one another. At my party everyone read their fav message they received aloud. The author of the best love notes won a prize 🙂
I hope this post inspires you to gather the true love’s of your life this weekend (your girls, duh) and celebrate ONE ANOTHER <3 Who else thinks Galentine’s Day should be made into an official holiday?!